Well let me just share a bit of what I learned today. First let me tell you that Dr. Adams is actually considered an autism expert, shes sought after and is a wealth of knowledge~ I wish Aidan had seen her before she left the Autism Center she started in Radford VA ( For Radford University). She now works for a school system as the autism specialist in GA. Her 3rd book, one she is writing for parents is coming out soon, and I am going to buy one the day it does!
Dr. Adams first stated that she is not ANTI Vaccination, but she does feel that shots for things that are illness, ex: chicken pox, are not warranted. She shared a story of just a friend of hers, who had a child, at 16 months old he was normal talking, received his shots, and never talked again, and he is now 8! ( this is just one of many many kids she has seen with this) She also states research is pointing more towards us exposing young infants/children to certain vaccinations at such a young age and all at one time is whats causing the problem, not really the shot. She does believe there is a genetic predisposition to Autism, but SOMETHING is turning it on. She thinks the rise in autism is not due to better testing, but the environment. She said she WISHED she could say its the testing, but she doesn't feel it is. She also shared how that thimerosal is still in flu shots that pregnant women are recommended to get. And how the USA sent all our vaccines with Thimerosal to Africa, and guess what Africa is seeing now?? Can you guess?
I was on the fence about getting Aidan his 4 year shots, and I have decided for us it's not a good idea. I am not taking a chance of making him Worse! Aidan was the only child I got the flu shot with, the only child I ate tuna pregnant with, the only child who has had a flu shot, he had one his first 2 years, after I realized he didn't react well to them, he had no more. He also would just glaze over after his shots, but I couldn't tell you which one it was, because he was in a practice that put them all in ONE shot, at ONE time. Experimentally of course. Sometimes I think about things, and kick myself for them, or wish I had done differently, but then Aidan wouldn't be Aidan, and I love him for all that he is. Even his strange wierd habits or not wanting to eat his hotdog buns because they make strange noises.?>? Or the hotdog because it had they yuckies on it ( it was grilled).. so he ate pickles and chips, and was fine as long as those hotdogs and buns didn't stay on his plate( we were out to eat).
1 comment:
Katy, I totally agree with you. We have just started the Tetanus shot with Ava. I too felt it was important to wait and that their little bodies couldn't handle all of that at once. I've yet to give John anything, probably like Ava will wait until he's around 2 to start one. Who knows if it causes autism, but why risk it??
Post a Comment