Here are some Frugal Tips for packing your own lunch:
- Make your own lunchables: Buy a reusable container. Fill it with your own selections such as cut up cheese, bologna, ham or turkey, and crackers. Add a cookie if you want.
- Make your own pudding, jello and repackage in reusable containers.
- Buy large containers of yogurts and repackage in reusable containers.
- Make your own Uncrustables or you can make a week's worth of PB&J
- Make your own trail mix. I do this for my Grace because she is allergic to nuts... we use sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chocolate chips, pretzel balls.
- Invest in a thermos. You can put hot dogs in hot water in the thermos, and they can have hot dogs, along with leftovers from dinner ( chili, soups)
- Don't buy the prepackaged snacks, repackage larger bags into small ziplock bags.
- Free First Day of School Lunch Printable here: free-back-to-school-printables
- Muffins are cheap and great way to add fruit or veggies to lunch.. You can also make things meatloaf in muffin pans for an easy lunch.