Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Supper!!




I found this yummy recipe here..


I love fish.. my kids not so much.. so I am going to attempt 

to win them over with this yummy recipe! 





HERB CRUMB COATING FOR FISH
Print This Recipe )
14 Ritz crackers
2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon garlic salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1/4 cup butter – melted (1/2 a stick)
Fish fillets, such as Talipia (this is enough coating for about 6 fillets)
1.  Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Grease a 9×13 pan.
2.  Place the crackers, parmesan, and spices in a food processor and mix until it is fine crumbs that are well blended.  Dump the mixture out onto a dinner plate.
3.  Melt the butter in the microwave in a small dish.  (You will be dipping the fish fillets in the melted butter so pick a dish that is an appropriate size).
4.  Press a fish fillet in the melted butter, turning to coat both sides.  Then press the fish fillet into the crumb mixture, again, turning to coat both sides.  Place the crumb coated fillet into your greased 9×13 pan.
5.  Continue until all your fillets have been dipped in the butter, and then coated in the crumb mixture, and placed in the baking pan.
6.  Bake in the 400 degree oven, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes.

A Few More Notes:

- I often buy the bag of frozen talipia fillets at Aldi to use in this recipe.  Just make sure your talipia fillets are thawed first.
- I usually have some left over crumb mixture which I then sprinkle over the fillets in the pan, just because I hate to be wasteful.
- When ready to serve, these fillets taste great with a little more melted butter drizzled over them, and some fresh lemon squirted on them too.
- I always use my food processor but a blender would also work.  If you don’t have any high tech gadgets, a ziploc bag and a rolling pin to crush the ingredients works too.

No comments: