Sunday, October 14, 2012

Easy Sunday Brunch: Easy Banana Bread


This was a WINNER in our house..

I made 4 mini loaves... and my hubby ate an entire one!

My family loves banana's but I refuse to buy anything but Ingles $1.50 bags

so we always end up with too many.. And so this recipe was food saver!


So here is what you need:

3 to 4 aging bananas ( $1.50 for a whole bag at Ingles) 

One box Yellow cake mix ( Super Cheap at Kroger's this week) 

2 eggs

1/2 cup to 1 cup Chocolate chips ( super cheap at kroger's this week), nuts.etc. 

My Gracie poo can't eat nuts

so we avoid them. 

I used some nestle mini chips cause I got them on de cheap at Kroger's awhile back!

First add the bananas to a bowl and mash them. I gave this job to my daughter,
cause she loves to help. I used my tator masher to get the job done. 
Oh preheat that oven to 350' first.

Then add the other ingredients, and stir and stir and stir.

Spray your bread pan with Pam and flour or use Baking Pam.

Then put it  in your bread pans.
You can make 2 large, 4 mini, whatever works for you!



(  My bread pans are old, My Great Aunt Imogene gave them to me ( she is 97) so I have no idea how long she had them) 

Bake for 35 to 45 minutes... AND then go sing...


Bananas in pyjamas
Are coming down the stairs
Bananas in pyjamas
Are coming down in pairs
Bananas in pyjamas
Are chasing teddy bears


And enjoy your yummy bread!!











No comments: