Sunday, October 7, 2012

Love & Respect & Marriage

Women talk down on men all to often,  I feel the need to pump my wonderful hubby up. He likes to spoil me, and show me I am loved. Bobby has bipolar disorder and some days with him are not always fun, but he appreciates that I have come to understand his "issues" and grown some tough skin on some days.  I have friends ask me how we have gotten through so much, and really we have made plenty of bad choices but we always follow a few rules... 


  • Don't get to be Angry
  • Always communicate
  • Pray together and for each other
  • Forgive each other
  • Be patient with each other
  • Never forget your wedding vows
  • Never talk down about your spouse to your friends, or parents. 

I have learned over the years.. the biggest issue men have is not feeling respected. I recommend reading Love & Respect.  I had no idea when I was disrespecting my husband, so we "played a game" when I would do something that made him feel that way, he would tell me.. " that's doesn't make feel respected". 

I think the biggest help for me has been a book called Power of the Praying Wife. It helped me learn how to pray for my husband, how to cover him in prayers. And my book is so used the pages curls, and I can always tell what part of his life I have been praying for weeks later.  
Just a few thoughts from this lady trying to be a Proverbs 31 wife.






No comments: