- June 6: Magician Matt Fore will dazzle and astound. A special evening performance of the magic show will also be offered at 7:00 p.m. for those who can’t attend during the day.
- June 13: The Wild Goose Chase Theater from Nashville will present a shadow puppet show.
- June 20: Safari Greg will present a lively program with exotic animals, magic, and comedy.
- June 27: Timmy Abell will tell stories using many different musical instruments.
- July 11: Mr. Bond the Science Guy will do lots of exciting experiments with audience helpers.
- July 18: Mark Lippard will amaze the children as they watch his exciting unicycle tricks and juggling acts.
- July 25: the Summer Reading Finale from 9:00-11:00 a.m. to celebrate those who meet their reading goal.
- Mother Goose for one-year-olds, a registration only program, will begin June 12 on Wednesdays and Fridays at 9:30 a.m.
- Two’s Company, a two-year-old storytime program, meets on Wednesdays and Fridays at 10:15 a.m.
- Two’s Time, a registration only two-year-old program, meets on Tuesdays at 10:15 a.m.
- Preschool Storytime, a three-to-five year old storytime program, meets on Wednesdays and Fridays at 11:00 a.m.
- Preschool Pals, a registration only three-to-five year old program, meets on Tuesdays at 11:00 a.m.
- June 11: the children will experience “digging into roots” with root painting, potato chip taste testing, and other fun root activities.
- June 25: the children will participate in “Digging into the Past” by making a fossil and learning about hieroglyphics.
- July 9: a Bristol Caverns expert will share about cave formations and cave life.
- July 23: the last special small group program is a book discussion where the children will be “Digging into Fantasy” after reading The Borrowers by Mary Norton. A copy of the book will be available for the children to read before the program.
Kids Skate Free ( I did not see one for my area)
Just go here and click your state on the map to find a participating location near you (note that not all states offer this free program). Once you find a location near you, click on the location name to find out more information about hours of operation etc. Then scroll down and click on the green “Register for This Skating Center” banner (like the one pictured above) – note that you will receive an email asking you to verify your email address. Your first set of passes will then be ready on Sunday of that week (read your passes carefully as most passes are only accepted at specific days/times and will vary based on the skating rink). Keep in mind that you do have to pay taxes as well as the skate rental fee, which will vary by location.
*Lowes Build & Grow
Attend the various Monsters University Build and Grow Clinics in June at 10AM. Go here for a list of upcoming clinics. Registration opens a few weeks before each clinic’s date. Also, go here for more details on the Monsters University Clinics coming up soon.
Starting now and running through the entire Summer, Sonic is offering up 1/2 price Ice Cream Shakesafter 8PM every evening. Please note that this offer is only available at participating Sonic Drive-Ins, so you may want to call your store before making a special trip over there. Also, join the Sonic Ice Cream Social and get a coupon for $1 off any ice cream product.
*Burger KingThrough August 5th, head on over to your local Burger King to snag 50¢ Ice Cream Cones or Cups - no coupon needed! Yumm
Reel to Reel Theater Program:
|Lakeside Cinema is now Movies In The Park and has moved to Cardinal Park in Johnson City. Every Thursday in June we're showing a family friendly movie that's free to the public sponsored by Food City Kids Club. Bring your blankets or sit in the stands and have fun with all your friends and family. The park opens at 7pm and the movies begin shortly after sunset. There will also be consessions available for purchase.|
Get Directions To Cardinal Park Go HERE for more info!