Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Back to School Treat


Well for us, it's that time of year again.. My next few Tasty Tuesday's 

will be cute Back to School ideas!!  Here is a cute idea..

Apple Rice Krispy Treats

You'll need...
marshmallows
rice krispies
red food coloring
tootsie rolls
fruit roll ups
gummy worms



I make my rice krispie treats different than everyone else- I add more butter and less cereal. So, just tweak the recipe on the bag of marshmallows. When the butter and marshmallows are melted, throw a few drops of red food coloring to it. When it's all stirred, start shaping into fist-size balls. Poke a hole in the middle with your finger, then place an umwrapped tootsie roll into it. For the leaf- I used a leaf shape pie crust cutter and cut a leaf out of the greenest fruit roll up I could find. Then, I stuck a gummy worm into the treat.

So easy, right? 

No comments: