Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Crocktoberfest: Cheesecake ( yes Cheesecake)


This Recipe comes from Crockpot 365
And you will be shocked with how YUMMY it turns out!!
We are coming to the End of Crocktoberfest, and I hope
you are enjoying it!! 



Crust 

- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (
I used Mi-Del gluten free Arrowroot Cookies)
- 2 T brown sugar 
- 3 T melted butter
 

Filling


- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature (I nuked mine for 30 seconds to get it soft) 
- 3/4 cup white sugar
 
- 2 large eggs, room temperature (I put the eggs in a bowl of hot water for a few minutes)
 
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (mmm. cream.)

- 1 t good vanilla 
- 1 T flour (
I used Pamela's. It didn't make it into the picture) 

Directions.
 

Find a heat-resistant dish that will fit into your crockpot for the cheesecake. You are going to create a bain marie, or water bath. I used a 1.5 qt Corning Ware dish and it fit nicely into 6qt oval. I tried a round cake pan in a 4 qt round, and that fit too. But I opted for my 6qt, because I'm more comfortable with how it heats.


In a plastic zipper bag, beat the animal crackers into crumbs with a rolling pin. Put a cup of the crumbs into a medium bowl, and add melted butter and brown sugar. Stir until it's wet and crumby. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the dish you are going to use.

In a separate bowl, cream the cheese, sugar, eggs, flour, cream, and vanilla with a hand-mixer. Unless you have one of those fancy Kitchen Aids. Then use that. Pour the cheese mixture on top of the crust. Lick the bowl. 

Add 1/2 to 1 cup of water to the bottom of your crockpot.
 Lower the dish inside, being careful to notslosh water into your cheesecake. 

Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours. Check after 1 hour, just in case. The cheesecake is done when the edges are no longer shiny and have set. Touch lightly to see that you don't get a bunch of stuff on your finger---then you know it's done. My cheesecake wasn't perfectly set in the middle, but I unplugged the crock anyhow.

I cooked it for exactly 2 hours.
 Let the cheesecake sit in the cooling crockpot for an hour, before removing and transferring to the refrigerator. Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours before cutting and serving. 

No comments: