Thursday, November 21, 2013

Dollar Store Christmas: Affordable Table Setting


Here is a cute frugal idea from Red Head Can Decorate!! 


Picture
Check this out.
~
The runner is wrapping paper from Michael’s.  Just fold to the size you need and tape it underneath.  No washing afterward, just toss it :) The plates & bowls I found at the $1 store.  They remind me of Martha’s with the beaded edges.  My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I found them.  The chargers are from Hobby Lobby.  The napkins are regular generic paper napkins I folded in long rectangles.The pine cones and branches are from our yard,
and the cranberries are leftover from Thanksgiving.
The bulbs are old, and everything else I had.
Picture
Picture
When deciding what to use, try to stick to 2 or 3 colors.
Use different sized patterns like here the checker board against the stripes.
Also, don’t forget to add in a natural element like flowers, or branches.
Even a piece of fruit will work.
I usually walk around the house gathering whatever I have on hand.

No comments: