Monday, May 14, 2012

QOTW:5/14/12 How to Avoid Coupon Burnout!

How do I avoid Coupon burnout?

It's OK to take a break, it's OK to buy things you need and don't have a coupon for. I promise the Coupon Gods are not going to come down and banish you! I have taken a break several times. I still shop smart, but taking a break is sometimes a good thing.  I have listed some tips to help you from getting burned out.

  • It’s okay to spend money on the things you need.
To avoid frustration from family members try to work in requests. 
It's ok to buy something you need.

  • Work room for a splurge into your budget:
If your saving 60% in your groceries work in a splurge or two. ( ice cream or steak tends to be my families...but
now that summer is here, lots of coupons are coming out)

  • Remember most of your savings come from the sale price, not the coupon
If your buying things at it's lowest price and stock piling, then the coupon is just a BONUS!
I have had to take a break from coupons before, but I still shopped using the sales cycle method ( and saved!)


  • Limit your Internet time.
Spending hours a day on the Internet looking for great deals, gets overwhelming fast!
  • It’s okay to only shop at one grocery store.
All the items will hit a rock bottom price at every store.. Just be patient and wait a few weeks.


  • It's OK to miss a deal, or let a coupon expire.
Yet again the Coupon Gods are not going to come get you if you don't run out every time you spot a big deal! That isn't going to save you time or money. I have a circle I shop in, because my stores are literally in a circle... I leave that circle once every other week for Walmart, Ingles, or Lowes. It has to be awesome for me to leave my circle.  When I first started couponing, I felt horrible if a coupon expired. Like I had to use them all before.. Well honey let me tell you, your not going to use all your coupons!! Send your expired ones to military families, they can still use them!

And the long run remember why you started couponing, rather it was necessity or for a goal to save for something..



No comments: