Aidan had a follow up visit with his developmental pediatrician today ( At UVA Kluge Children's Rehab Center). She says she feels comfortable saying Aidan is aspergers. She said she rarely says that at 4, but feels that is definitely Aidan. We are going to try a medication, its called colnidine. It's suppose to "calm" him some, and hopefully help him sleep better. She stated she feared for his safety, as I have a lot recently. So we are going to try the medicine. I think it's worth a try, and its one we have to monitor closely, and she wants me to email her daily, for a few weeks, so we can see how he takes to it. I am willing to try it,because I am emotionally,physically, and mentally exhausted. This last month with him, has wiped me out. I do know that if it makes him a space cadet, he's coming off it. ( this biggest side effect is sedation, which is NOT what i want at all) She also wants me to see about getting him a gps unit, so that if he does get away, he can be found easier.After what he did Sunday morning, I can no longer take a shower with this child awake in my house. If you have been to my house, you know I have a large backyard that goes into the woods. Well if you go left instead of going into woods, you find yourself in people who live on a another street's back yards. And that's where he was, Avery was already trying to catch him at this point, but I had no idea, I look out my bathroom window, and saw them running, so here I go in my bathrobe, out the door, and of course Grace comes to help by now, and oh yea Mistletoe gets out, so we have to chase her down. Fun Stuff!!
Hi Ya’ll!! I am a creative, coupon clipping, and frugal living mom in the Tri-Cities TN. I have been couponing for over 15 years, and I am always looking for ways to save a buck.I love to cook in my crock pot, look for bargins,decorate and makes crafts on the cheap too, and shop Consignment sales. I like to encourage local folks to shop local by doing reviews of local businesses. A Frugal Chick always gives back and I share ideas on how to do that too.
Monday, February 18, 2008
Aidan's visit at UVA
Aidan had a follow up visit with his developmental pediatrician today ( At UVA Kluge Children's Rehab Center). She says she feels comfortable saying Aidan is aspergers. She said she rarely says that at 4, but feels that is definitely Aidan. We are going to try a medication, its called colnidine. It's suppose to "calm" him some, and hopefully help him sleep better. She stated she feared for his safety, as I have a lot recently. So we are going to try the medicine. I think it's worth a try, and its one we have to monitor closely, and she wants me to email her daily, for a few weeks, so we can see how he takes to it. I am willing to try it,because I am emotionally,physically, and mentally exhausted. This last month with him, has wiped me out. I do know that if it makes him a space cadet, he's coming off it. ( this biggest side effect is sedation, which is NOT what i want at all) She also wants me to see about getting him a gps unit, so that if he does get away, he can be found easier.After what he did Sunday morning, I can no longer take a shower with this child awake in my house. If you have been to my house, you know I have a large backyard that goes into the woods. Well if you go left instead of going into woods, you find yourself in people who live on a another street's back yards. And that's where he was, Avery was already trying to catch him at this point, but I had no idea, I look out my bathroom window, and saw them running, so here I go in my bathrobe, out the door, and of course Grace comes to help by now, and oh yea Mistletoe gets out, so we have to chase her down. Fun Stuff!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment