Thursday, March 27, 2008

Tough Questions

I was asked a lot of tough questions this morning, about autism, and realized wow, I am not ready for some of this. I don't know if I am still in some sort of denial about Aidan's diagnosis, or what. It's so hard sometimes, to accept that. I mean I have always known he's not normal, and is quite strange at times. I just thought he spent too much time with me, ha ha. Lord knows I am strange at times. Aidan is such a handful, but I have been doing it for 4 years now, so it just happens. He keeps me hopping, its hard to believe I am overweight, with all the chasing he requires. I can't imagine my life without Aidan, or the autism that makes him Aidan. I was worried this medicine would change some of his behaviours that make him, him, even if they are autistic (it hasn't). I know some of them, are not good, and we need to fix those. But the way he sees the world, to me is so interesting sometimes. He shows me things, I would have never noticed, and I have a greater appreciation for all people with disabilities and there PARENTS. There are times when I get bogged down with the whole aspect of it all, and trying to do whats right for all of my children. So then I get the feel sorry for me woe's, but they don't usually last long. I am too happy to get them for long, ha ha. Aidan is so full of life, how can you not love him. Yes he's hard to handle, but those big brown eyes, and his funny little comments, are one of the reason's I stay happy. And when he actually tells me, he loves me, my heart melts.

No comments: