Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Wild Man Aidan, is at it again!


So yesterday, Aidan decided it was time to bring his best game, and go for the Gold of making Mommy insane. First off in the morning, when I am trying to get everyone to school on time, because I have a 10 year old who is seriously in the "I will not wake up no matter what you do" stage of life. He lets our dog out who when given freedom, does love it. Thank God for dog treats! So yes, it's 8:10 and then tardy bell rings in 15 mins!! So at this point we get Mistletoe and put her in her cage so we can go to school. But then Aidan decides, he wants to take a banana to school. So I grab a banana,and he says NO not that one, its ugly, this one Mommy. So I get the somehow prettier banana( At this point I wish God had given me this ability at realizing the imperfection in everything) Then it has a sticker on it, so solve that problem easily, remove the sticker!! Well then I realize Aidan smells, which means its time to change his pull up before we can go anywhere!! So this means its chase and time to convince him to let me change it. So Avery and poor Grace who is always ready to go at 7:45, are about 5 mins late for school.

I pick them up earlier on Monday's because I teach dance at 5:30. So we are home, and Aidan is currently obsessed with marking his own body, and anything else besides paper. We have our phases of this, he will not mark anything but paper and then its decorate the walls, toys, our self phase again. So Aidan gets my very expensive personalized stamp, that's for stationary,etc. and goes to town, on his tummy, legs, arms. Well the good thing is if he gets lost, they know who he belongs too!! So it's
5:00 at this point, and I need to be leaving for dance in 15 mins, so I throw him in the tub, to get what I can off, since he's going to dinner with my mom. Which I hate being late, but this almost made me late for dance classes.

So fast forward to after dance class.. we are home maybe 10 mins, when he grabs Grace's drink, and takes a big gulp, shows her and smiles. Because this really GROSSES Grace out, and he knows she won't drink it now! So Grace goes into her crying , which I don't blame her, that was just plain mean!! So after getting Grace to settle down, I notice Mistletoe is chewing on something hard and white, I pull it out, and its egg shells. Yes, folks, Aidan cracked eggs, and tried to cook them on the kitchen floor! So while I am cleaning up the eggs off my kitchen floor, Aidan decides to go hit his sister, for which we have no idea why. So off to Mommy's special Aidan chair. Where we sit, while he rocks and says I am mean, mean, mean, and I sit and tell him I love him. So I brushed Aidan ( its a therapy that he enjoys) and he calms down, and finally passes out to sleepy time.

Days like this, I often wonder... Why Did God Think I could be his Mommy? But I guess he knows what he is doing after all!

1 comment:

bloggingmomto2 said...

God chose you to be Aidan's mom.
He knows you can do this.
All your kids are very blessed to have you for a mommy!