Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Why do we as Mother's tend to judge other mother's the most?

My thoughts of the night.. Why do mom's judges other mom's choices? Till you have a lived in someones shoes you do not know the choices they have to make this starts at birth from bottle or breast, immunizations, diapers, to public school or home school. I don't judge other people's parenting choices don't judge mine. We are all sisters in this and should be praying and lifting each other up. What blows my mind is the fights among special needs parents choices over what they do. What works for my family might not work for you. You might not agree with all my choices, but my kids are pretty awesome, so I am glad for every decision I have made for all them. And in case you didn't know I have three wonderful children. Who are overcoming many challenges in our lives.. they have been homeless, one has autism, one has anxiety issues, one has food allergies, two are in occupational therapy, two have had speech, one doesn't even live with me all the time, they all three survived my marriage to an abusive drug addict who happens to be two of theme's father. I have made some bad choices in my 15 years of a mom, I was a young mother. But I don't regret what has made my kids the kids they are, and me the mom I am. I can tell you that my love for them has always has helped me make all decisions. At 18 years old I breastfeed my first born, and was ridiculed by many for doing it.  My daughter has had extreme allergies, eczema, hay fever, etc since birth. I realized ( before it was Cool) that organic baby food improved her skin issues. I drove an hour just to get organic baby food, I don't know why I didn't think to make it myself but organic produce wasn't easy to find then .Till this day she still doesn't do well with pesticides. ( She is 10 now). Just sharing some deep thoughts with you tonight...

No comments: