Friday, September 21, 2012

Pay it forward Friday: Blessing bags

 I want to challenge you my readers to Pay it forward.. One reason I like to coupon is gives me a way to helps others even if I don't have a ton of money.. 


 I came across a great idea called Blessing Bags over at KWVAS... What a great thing to hand out to the homeless or the man who asks you for change... It be a lot better then staring at him like Ummm I am broke or that uncomfortable feeling you get when they stare at you at the red light.. or that could just be me...


Here is what you will need:


Gallon size Ziplock bags
items to go in the bags, such as:
chap stick
packages of tissues
toothbrush and toothpaste
comb
soap
trail mix
granola bars
crackers
pack of gum
band aids
mouthwash
coins (could be used to make a phone call, or purchase a food item)
hand wipes
you could also put in a warm pair of socks, and maybe a Starbucks gift card

Assemble all the items in the bags, and maybe throw in a note of encouragement. Seal the bags and stow in your car for a moment of providence.


My daughter found this idea fun and exciting, so we are doing it as a family!

Here are a few  more ideas to pay it forward this Friday....

Make sure you tell me what you do!!

No comments: