Roast Sticky Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper we didn’t have any so I omitted this one
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- one onion, quartered
- one whole chicken (about 4 lbs)
- thinly sliced potatoes (optional)
- baby carrots (optional)
- Mix together for eight ingredients. Set aside.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Rub seasoning mixture into chicken on all sides.
- Add onion into breast cavity.
- Place chicken in plastic bag or wrap with plastic wrap, over night or at least 4-6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 250 when ready to cook.
- If adding carrots or potatoes, slice them very thinly and add to roasting pan.
- Remove chicken from plastic wrap, place in roasting pan (on top of veggies if you have them.)
- Bake uncovered for 3 1/2 – 4 hours, until internal temperature is 180 degrees.
- Let chicken stand for ten minutes before carving. Enjoy!