Saturday, October 19, 2013
Crocktoberfest 2013: Amazing Chicken Bacon Goodness!!
We all know I LOVE My Crock pot :) So In celebration of my favorite way to cook
and October, I am bringing 15 days of Crock Pot Recipes in Crocktoberfest !!
Makes 4 servings
5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup salsa
1 tsp Cajun blackened seasoning
1/2 tsp dried dill
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 cup bacon bits, plus more for serving
1 Tbsp quick-cooking tapioca (or use 2 Tbsp if your chicken is frozen)
4 oz cream cheese, cut into cubes
1. If you have a slow cooker liner, use this trick. Place chicken inside liner.
2. In a bowl, combine the mayo, salsa, Cajun seasoning, dill, cumin, bacon and tapioca.
3. Spoon sauce over the top of the chicken. Tie up the slow cooker liner and cover the slow cooker.
4. Cook on LOW for about 4-6 hours.
5. Remove lid and untie string. Cut the chicken into chunks or shred. Add the cream cheese into the sauce. Let the cream cheese melt and stir in until creamy. Adjust seasonings, if needed.
6. Serve chicken and sauce over mashed potatoes. Top with extra bacon.